This is an updated version of my original Spinch Egg Muffins recipe. These egg muffins are so easy to make and so healthy that we started making it on a weekly basis. However, one of my nutritional goals for this year is to cut-out processed food in my family’s diet. The original recipe was made with deli meat, which is processed. So, I decided to create an even healthier version by using silicon muffin cases (best invention ever). There is no need to grease these cups and the muffins pops right out making clean up time 10x easier and faster. Hooray !!!
- 12 Whole Eggs
- 1/4 Green Pepper (minced)
- 4-5 Mushrooms (minced)
- 1 Turkey Sausage (cut into small pieces)
- 1/8tsp of Sea Salt
- Optional: 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare vegetables and turkey sausage.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and sea salt together.
- Combine vegetables, sausage and egg mixture together.
- Optional: Add 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Divide between silicon muffin cups.
- Bake for 25-27mins.
Prep: 10mins Cook: 25mins Makes: 15servings
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But who has time for that? especially when you barely have enough time to shower, pack a million things, get your kid well dressed before rushing out the door in the morning (story of my life). These egg muffins have been a lifesaver because they are so easy to make and reheat. Put them in an air-tight container, store it in the fridge (up to 5-6 days) and pop 1-2 in the microwave for 30secs. I guarantee you’ll never have to miss this important meal again.