This is my 1st attempt at making muffins for baby, it was important for me to keep it sugar-free and trans fat free. So the ingredients used here is very basic. We like to use whole wheat flour instead of refined all-purpose flour for most of our baked goods. Oatmeal is a staple in our home, so I thought it would be a good idea add this into the muffins for baby.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 Omega-3 Whole Egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (baked apples purée)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a muffin pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda.
- Make a well in the center and add a slightly beaten egg and applesauce.
- Stir until well combined.
- Divide batter evenly among the 6 muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes until slightly brown around the edges.
Let muffins cool completely, before storing in air-tight container.
*My daughter just couldn’t wait to get her hands on some fresh baked apple muffins made just for her!