What to do when you can’t fall back asleep at 3am? And baby is miraculously sleeping instead of trying to play peek-a-boo with you?
For me, it was a good opportunity to get a head start on our overflowing pile of laundry and while I was waiting for the clothes in the dryer. I decided to make some muffins for the special weekend ahead of us. (yea, I’m such a multi-tasker eh?) 🙂
This recipe was adapted from the package of the ROGERS Wheat Bran.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 1.5 cups Natural Wheat Bran
- 1 cup of Buttermilk
- 1/3 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 2/3 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Omega 3 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup of Whole Wheat Flour
- 1tsp of Baking Soda
- 1tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2tsp of Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup of Raisins
- 1/4 cup of Shredded Coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, shredded coconut and raisin. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine bran and buttermilk. Stir in vegetable oil, brown sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla.
- Gently fold bran mixture into flour mixture until just combine (do not overmix)
- Using an ice cream scooper, spoon mixture into lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-18minutes
- 🙂 This recipe was simple to put together and took only 16mins to bake!
- 🙂 It was not too sweet.
- 😛 If I have overripe bananas, I would use it instead of the brown sugar next time.
- 😦 It didn’t taste as coconut flavoured as I expected.
- 😛 I will try it again with coconut milk instead of buttermilk next time!
- 🙂 Definately making this again!
Just to make sure I have everything that I need for my muffins. I set out all the ingredients ahead of time.
I LOVE getting Perfect Muffin Tops!
Fresh Baked Muffin & Chinese Jasmine Tea…yummm
Surprising moist for a muffin with 1.5cups of bran in it 🙂 Now who says getting more fibre in your diet need to feel like eating hay? 😛
This is a special weekend for us, because it will be my 1st Mother’s Day as a Mommy! Hubby has been forewarned that this day will now be more important than Valentine’s Day, Birthday and Anniversary COMBINED. (No pressure Hunnie) !!! 😛
How are y’all celebrating your Mother’s Day? If you plan to bake or cook, got any recipes to share ?