A few days ago, I shared with you my 10 week plan to get started here. The most important part of my plan is focused on good nutrition, that means eating frequent smaller meals and keeping my sugar intake low.
Here is the grocery list that I will be using to help me navigate the grocery store quickly, this will give me more time to prep my meals on the same day.
Tip: Eat a well-balanced meal before you go grocery shopping, NEVER go to the store hungry! It will make those fresh-baked croissants and candy bars that much more irresistible.
- 4 Carton of Eggs
- 3 Large Chicken Breast
- 1 Tub of Greek Yogurt
- 1lb of Salmon (Fish Fridays)
- 1lb Striploin Steak (Steak Saturdays)
- Spinach ( For those Mommy Mornings: Blender Breakfast)
- Red Pepper
- Green Pepper
- Yellow Pepper
- Orange Pepper
- Green Beans
- Baby Carrots (these make great snacks for between meals with garlic hummus)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Bananas (Use for Breakfast in 3mins, or Mommy Mornings: Blender Breakfast)
- In-Season Fruit
Already in Pantry, Fridge or Freezer:
- Brown Rice
- White Rice
- 2 Giant Tubs of Garlic Hummus (from Costco)
- 2 Giant Bags of Frozen Organic Blueberries (from Costco)
- 2 Giant Bags of Raisins (from Costco)
- 2 Giant Bags of Quick Oatmeal (from Costco)
- 1 Giant Bag of Each, Walnuts, Almonds, & Pecans (from Costco)
- 2 Litre 100% Orange Juice (Not From Concentrate)
We try our best to not buy junk (food with no nutritional value) like chips, pop, prepackaged snacks, so if it’s not in the house then we won’t eat it! We do, however allow ourselves to indulge once a week and have dessert after dinner or eat something that we enjoy even if it’s not the healthiest choice. I truly believe that a healthy lifestyle is not about being perfect but about being balanced.