Since my little girl will be growing up in a Polish/Chinese household, I think its time that I start experimenting with infusing the two different cultures to created something I like to call “Polinese” Cuisine 😛 My first trial and thankfully no errors yet (because this dish turned out awesome) is Chinese Fried Rice with Polish Turkey Sausage. My mother-in-law had picked up a bunch of turkey sausage from the Polish store for another pasta dish that I wanted to make with my husband on the weekend but as per the usual story of our lives lately, we didn’t have time so we ended up eating turkey sausage for a few days. Today, I decided to get a little creative while my little darling went down for her nap. This is what I came up with and it was “hubby approved” 🙂
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 2 cups of cooked jasmine rice
- 1/2 med onion, minced
- 1 med orange pepper,chopped
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 leftover polish turkey sausage, chopped
- 3 egg, slight beaten
- 1tsp of Grapeseed Oil
- 2tbsp of Light Soy
- Heat Pan on Med High for 2mins,
- add 1tsp of Grapeseed Oil and stir fry minced onion
- Stir in Turkey for 2mins
- Add pepper and stir-fry for 2mins
- Add peas and stir-fry for 2mins
- Stir in Cooked Jasmine Rice and Egg to coat rice well
- cook for another 2-3mins mixing all ingredients together with 2 tbsp of Light Soy Sauce (use less soy sauce if you prefer).
Care to Share?
What kind of dishes do you make at home, if you had to combine to two different cultures & style of cooking ?