I’m just in that baking mood again, this recipe was taken from a random search on the internet with few minor changes to make it suitable for baking 12 cupcakes from the batch instead of an actual 8″ round cake.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cold, strong, brewed coffee
How to Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line 12 muffin pan. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- In a medium bow l, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Add flour mixture, alternating with coffee. Beat until just incorporated.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20mins, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.