Gone are the days, when I was able to sleep-in as long as I wanted and took my sweet time to take a long hot shower in the morning before skipping downstairs to make my breakfast. Nowadays, it’s a good day when i can eat breakfast before the baby wakes up before me 😛 But I can’t stress enough about the importance of having a good quality breakfast first thing in the morning (after the lemon water cleanse, of course) but this is especially important for breastfeeding mommies because our babies only get what we consume in excess, so this is not the time to skip your meals or cutting calories.
This is my favourite breakfast (I eat this on most days)
What you’ll need:
- 3tbsp of Quick Oats
- 1cup of Skim Milk or (Almond Milk)
- 1small Banana (mashed in separate bowl)
- 1/4cup of walnuts
- 1/4cup of raisins
- optional: crushed almonds, flax seed, pumkin seed, sunflower seed etc.
How to Prepare:
- Combine quick oats & skim milk in microwave-safe bowl and heat on high for 3mins.
- Mashed banana with a fork in a bowl and add raisin, walnuts and a dash of cinnamon
- Pour cooked oatmeal over mixture and mix well.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!