In preparation for my daughter’s 1st birthday in August. I will be testing out a few recipes to find the perfect one for my little darling’s 1st birthday cake. I’ve stocked pile on flour, sugar, butter and all the cake pans that I could find in my house.My husband has graciously volunteer to be my official cake taste tester. Lucky him 🙂
The first of many to come, is this Simple Vanilla Cake recipe that I want to share. This is our first time making it and it turned out delicious.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
How to Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a muffin pan w ith paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth.
- Using an ice cream scooper, spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 20mins. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.
*I originally had a recipe for coconut icing but that didn’t turn out too well*
So NO PHOTOS available 😦